How to Spend Your Snow Day(s)

Good morning everyone, for those of us who have woken up around noon and haven’t seen the outside world yet, it’s the end of the world. There is snow up to my knees. The good thing is the fact that we don’t have any school. Score for us seniors who don’t have to make it up like everyone else.

So, the first thing I did this morning was put on five layers of clothing, two pairs of socks, two pairs of gloves, and two scarves and a hat–and went to shovel my worst enemy. I got done with only the front doorstep, which took me a good 20 minutes, when I was ready to give up on account of my ears throbbing in pain. I just got my ears pierced, but since I am the only one in my family who isn’t over the age of 50, it was up to me to get the job done. Just as I was ready to Van Gogh on both my ears, I opted to instead to take a break. I was much appreciative afterwards. Long story short: I shoveled my little heart out and finished.

Lesson of this article: we don’t have school today, so get the shoveling done and jump into the giant blank sheet of snow because it might not happen for another 12 years. Have painful snowball fights, make awkward snow angels, and build the world’s fattest snowman (and email me your pictures; we’ll use them in the NWN’s blizzard gallery). This is the day to exceed expectations. We never get days like this. So, go out and make me proud. I have now given you my words of wisdom; please excuse me while I throw a snowball down my sister’s back.