Boys Basketball Conquers Maine East Blue Demons

After running back and forth, skidding their shoes on the gym court, the boys Varsity basketball team defeated the Maine East’s Blue Demons on Tuesday, Dec. 3 with a final score of 62-55.

Both teams tried to stifle their opponent with tight defense. When the game first started, one could have easily assumed that the Demons were going to get a win that night as the first quarter ended with the Demons in the lead 5-12.

Sophomore guard Jojo Rios tried his best to keep the ball in the hands of the Wolves. He was not afraid to attack the rim and contributed 19 points in his team’s favor. He was also able to maintain good energy among his teammates by cheering them on and passing out high fives whenever seemed fit.

Senior forward Romeo Magloire also helped lead the game by adding 17 points of his own,and he stepped up on the defensive end of the court.

The Wolves were able to turn the tide a game that could have been a win for their opponent and began pushing to take control as soon as the buzzer went off marking the start of the second quarter. They brought their score up by 19 points ending the quarter with a score of 24-21.

They worked hard to remain on top during the third quarter with a score of 40-34. The energy was high as the game began to come to an end during the fourth quarter. Cheers emerged from the bleachers on both sides of the gym. Maine East tried to recover but came short, thanks to tight defense by the Wolves.

Rios is ecstatic about the win.

“It was a great win! We did great defensively and we got better on offense throughout the game,” he said. “I think the factors that helped us the most was communication, executing the plays, keeping calm and just playing smart.”