MENU

Introducing NWN’s Political Reporter

Back to Article
Back to Article

Introducing NWN’s Political Reporter

By Grace Geraghty

I am here to introduce myself as a new political writer for Niles West News, and to introduce the blog that I started for journalism, New Politics. I am a 15-year-old sophomore. I have always found politics interesting, mostly due to my obsession with history.

My blog will provide a view on politics from a point of view even younger than that of a millennial. We’re going to be in charge of this world someday, so it’s in our best interest to improve it as much as we possibly can. Since that task depends on the next generation, I’m going to attempt to give teens information about what’s happening in the world, and how it’s going to affect our future. Then, they can feel free to make their own informed choices.

For the upcoming month of February, I plan on writing articles more central to current political events during Caucus season, as opposed to the opinion-based articles I will be posting on my blog.

Personally, I am Democrat, although I try not to let too many personal biases influence my writing. I am dedicated to providing any reader with the facts as I’ve read them and events as I’ve interpreted them.

Grace Geraghty, Editor in Chief

Grace is a senior in her third year on Niles West News, where she is the Editorial Editor in Chief. Outside of NWN, she can be found figure skating, at...