MENU

Freshman Friday: Andrea Adap

By Duaa Israr

Athletics have always been a large part of freshman Andrea Adap‘s life and that didn’t change when she came to high school.

Adap has been running for most of her life. She first did track at Lincoln Jr. High and when she made the transition to high school, cross country wasn’t the first thing she planned on joining.

“I’m more of a sprinter, but one of my friends convinced me to join cross country and I’m glad I did. I really enjoy it,” Adap said.

Adap is on the junior varsity team and hopes to move up to varsity next year. She also plans on trying out for basketball in the winter and track in the spring.

“I played basketball at Lincoln too, so I’m really looking forward to basketball season as well,” Adap said.

Adap says she got her athletic side from her dad, one of the biggest inspirations to her when it comes to sports.

“Considering the fact that my dad also enjoys running and he played college basketball really shows that I’m a lot like him. He’s kinda the reason I started running and playing basketball,” she said.

Although Adap enjoys the new opportunities Niles West offers, she has had to make some sacrifices in order to stay active and on top of her game on both the field and in the classroom.

“I’m trying to stay active, but at the same time I’m also trying to have the right amount of time for homework, family, and friends. I decided to decline some of my honours classes so that I wouldn’t be overwhelmed with my classes,”  Adap said.

1 Comment

One Response to “Freshman Friday: Andrea Adap”

1. rozalina saro on October 7th, 2014 11:32 am

Keep up the good work and good luck. You’re movtivation will take you far

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Freshman Friday: Andrea Adap

Multimedia

Under the Colombian Sun

• Freshman Friday: Andrea Adap

Carousel

Happy Earth Day: 10 Easy Ways To Be Environmentally Friendly

• Freshman Friday: Andrea Adap

Carousel

The Journey to Tan

• Freshman Friday: Andrea Adap

Carousel

Meet Me In A Minute: Joy Patel

• Freshman Friday: Andrea Adap

Carousel

Easy Breezy Banana Bread Recipe