Freshman Friday: Diana Dawood

FullSizeRenderEver since Freshman Diana Dawood was six years old she enjoyed playing soccer with her family and friends. Dawood is not only on the soccer team but made it on varsity this year.

“My dad is my inspiration, he taught me how to love the game,” Dawood said.

Besides playing soccer with family and friends, Dawood wanted to take it to the next level so she became more serious and joined the Chicago Sting team. Even when playing on the Sting team she played with the older kids, it was always like that.

“When I play soccer I feel energetic and loose, almost like I’m free and I don’t worry about anything else,” Dawood said.

For any freshman on any sport being a freshman on varsity is a big deal and something that they should want to tell people and be proud of.

“Diana and I were friends before the season even started, but since we’re both freshman on varsity we’ve become closer friends and I can trust her with anything,” said freshman Nikoleta Baxevanakis another freshman on varsity soccer.

Some people would think being the underclassmen, playing with upperclassmen would make you very anxious and scared but Dawood never really felt that way and always stayed positive.

“Diana was really calm and cool, she was confident in her playing and was not nervous like other freshman, ” said sophomore Jackie Bajric, Diana’s teammate.

So far in the season Dawood has scored a total of seven goals and has two assist with many more to come during the season, she also scored her first career hat trick [scoring three goals or three of something in one game] against Maine East High School.