Future Still Doesn’t Trust You

Future’s album cover and name “WE STILL DON’T TRUST YOU.”

Future has just released another album called “We Still Don’t Trust You,” following the release of his first album “We Don’t Trust You.” Unlike the previous album which included 17 songs, this one includes 25. However, it still follows the same chill vibe with the exception of the six songs towards the end of the album that are more upbeat and fit under the “hype,” category.

There were many songs that carried the same tune as the previous album, including, “We Still Don’t Trust You,” Drink N Dance,” “Out Of My Hands,” “Jealous” and “This Sunday” were all songs which I believed fit into the House Music category. This is because the songs were extremely chill and all contained soft beats. When it came to “We Still Don’t Trust You,” my favorite part was when The Weeknd came on because his voice paired perfectly with the soft melody in the back. Although “This Sunday,” fit into the criteria of a chill song due to its tempo, I just didn’t feel like there was much going on with it. The only thing to note is that Future references Drake’s song “Feel No Ways.”

After a while, the chill music vibe just wasn’t really doing it for me. After listening to “Luv Bad B*tches,” “Amazing (Interlude),” “All to Myself,” “Nights Like This” and “Came to the Party” I was kind of bored and was just hoping to hear a change in tempo. However, if you’re into R&B music, then I would suggest listening to “All to Myself.”

“Right 4 You,” “Mile High Memories, “Overload,” “Gracious,” “Beat It,” “Always Be My Fault,” “One Big Family” and “Red Leather” were the last songs right before the bonus mixtape. To start, “Overload,” “Gracious” and “Beat It” didn’t have anything special about them, the beats were very chill and honestly sounded the same as everything else on the album. However, when it came to “Right 4 You,” I fell in love with the song. It is perfect for the summer and has a upbeat melody which is great for singing and dancing with your friends in the car. As for “Mile High Memories,” I really enjoyed the shift in tempo at 1:06 when the beat drops and picks back up with Future changing his voice from raspy to soft. “Always Be My Fault,” had a faster tempo, and the song took a turn at 1:52 from Future singing to The Weeknd. The Weeknd was the perfect addition to this song because his angelic voice suits the melody. Another song that paired the voice well with the beat was “One Big Family,” Future’s voice sounded extremely good and paired perfectly with the melody. Lastly, “Red Leather,” wasn’t a bad song, but the melody reminded me of the calm Lofi Beats study music.

After listening to mostly the same sounding tempos, I expected the bonus mixtape contain the same beats and melodies; however, I couldn’t be any more wrong. “#1 (Intro),” was just a very short transition to introduce the next six songs, but it contained a man who is talking about Future’s influence on people and how some want to be him. After this short intro, the next six songs, “Nobody Knows My Struggle,” “All My Life,” “Crossed Out,” “Crazy Clientele,” “Show of Hands” and “Streets Made Me A King” were all very hype and they are the perfect songs to scream in a car ride with your friends.

Overall, I prefer this album much better than the previous one. It includes a variety of songs which fit into many genres of music making it fit for all.