Girls Softball Senior Night vs Lane Tech

Winter Wonderland, A New Tradition

Winter Wonderland, A New Tradition

“Since when is there going to be another school dance?” said sophomore Stacey Azizian. The sophomore and senior cabinet have both been organizing a winter formal, scheduled to be held on Saturday, Feb. 1 from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.

There has been a bit of a feud going on since school has returned from a two week winter break. Several students have claimed that they want to go to the formal, and others have said they do not. The majority of students, however, are asking the same question: “Will people even show up?”

“I think people will show up if students talk about it more. The school hasn’t really promoted it like they did Homecoming. We are always begging for another dance,” said senior Liz Abraham.

There have barely been any announcements and only an email sent out which contains information about the dance.

I personally think if the school were to promote it more like Homecoming, it could turn out to be a great night for the students at Niles West.

After voting for a school dance last year, students finally got one, but some are still deciding not to go.

According to the Niles West students who have already bought their tickets and are attending the Winter Formal, they hope that it’ll be a night to remember.

“I can’t wait. I already started looking for my dress and it’s right around the corner! I feel like I need more time,” said sophomore Katrina Nickell.

According to Charles Pratt, the sophomore and senior cabinet plan on having a DJ in the cafeteria just like they did for homecoming week. They have also made announcements on the Niles West News about the formal.

“I’m not going. No one is even talking about it. Everyone says its a turnabout, where the girls asks the guy out. There is no way that’s going to happen. A couple of years ago they tried that, but it didn’t work. Why try it now?” said senior Katrinka Buckley.

Turns out, this dance isn’t a turnabout. It is a regular Winter Formal. The students should dress formally for this school dance.

Students of Niles West should seriously think about attending this event. The students voted for another school dance last school year. If they do not attend, Jessica Pritzker, the head of student activities, will think hard before she tries and plans another school dance for the students at Niles West.

“Just go, it’ll be fun. Who wants to be home on that Saturday night anyway? We all have nothing better to do,” said junior Mario Ljubic. We should just all go and maybe we might like it alot. It’s high school, we want to be able to look back and remember all the school dances, pep assemblies and football and basketball games.”