Your Next Spot for a Sweet Craving: Kandy Crush Melt

The+Lotus+and+Oreo+milkshakes.+
Syeda Fatima
The Lotus and Oreo milkshakes.

Looking for a new place to fulfill your sweet craving? Kandy Crush Melt might be the exact spot you’re looking for that fills your sweet appetite. Recently opened in Skokie near Oakton St. and Kenton Ave., Kandy Crush Melt offers milkshakes, bubble teas, desserts and more. The space is bright and lit up with colorful lights, with various seating arrangements like couches and chairs to make you comfortable. It’s the perfect grab and go spot or a chill place to hang out with friends and family.

Kandy Crush Melt mainly specializes in milkshakes inspired by different types of candy and chocolates. Some of milkshakes flavors they offer are Twix, Snicker and Kit Kat shakes which are a blend of ice cream and the chocolate together which creates a rich and delicious drink. They also offer Lotus, Nutella, Pistachio and Oreo milkshakes which are all a combination of the specific flavor combined with ice cream to create a new form of that flavor. Their drinks are creamy and flavorful because they are made with real ingredients to enhance that flavor.

Along with milkshakes, Kandy Crush Melt also offers milk and fruit teas. A few of the milk teas flavors they offer are brown sugar, taro, Thai, coconut and matcha. The list continues with different options for fruit teas and fruit smoothies as well. The place also serves multiple kinds of freez in flavors like watermelon, cookies and cream, java chip, vanilla bean and mocha.

Aside from drinks, the place also has a few desserts options. They offer mini pancake bites which are small pancakes drizzled in different types of chocolate, the most number one most-liked dessert on their menu. They serve three different kind of waffles: fruit waffle, lotus waffle and Oreo waffle. The waffles are topped  with the same flavored biscuit or chocolate to enrich the flavor in the waffle. These delicious combinations are the perfect sweet snack for a sweet tooth.

As someone with a huge sweet tooth, I loved everything offered at this place. The best thing on their menu in my opinion was the lotus milkshake. It was the perfect balance of the Biscoff flavor, and a unique way to indulge in one of my favorite kind of cookie. The Oreo milkshake was also very delicious and again had the perfect amount of Oreo to truly taste the flavor. The mini pancake bites were a little heavy for me but nonetheless they tasted delicious. Overall, this place was a 9/10 for me and I would totally visit again and recommend others to also try especially if you have a sweet tooth just like me!