Bringing Out the Best of Each Ingredient: Lake Forest Juice Shop

LF+Juices+a%C3%A7a%C3%AD+bowls+and+a+smoothie.+
Gia Bexes
LF Juice’s açaí bowls and a smoothie.

“Fresh, cold-pressed and handcrafted,” LF [Lake Forest] Juice Shop is the place to go. This past weekend, I had the pleasure of enjoying a sunny, beautiful day in Lake Forest, and I visited LF Juice Shop during my trip. Close to Lake Forest College, the location of the shop is in the perfect spot. After recently trying my first açaí bowl, I knew that I wanted to get my next one at the juice shop.

First of all, the shop has heavy aesthetics; I knew right away that my Instagram story would be flooded with pictures of my smoothie and açaí bowl in the modern setting of the shop. As soon as I walked in, I immediately was fascinated with the aesthetic the shop was — it was stunning. Not to mention, the shop is located in a cute downtown area.

LF Juice Shop offers a huge variety from smoothies, to açaí bowls, smoothie bowls, cold-pressed juice and many food and dessert options, this place has it all! They even have their own merchandise including a sweatshirt that says “Health is Wealth.”

I had lots of high expectations for my açaí bowl going into the day, and LF Juice truly lived up to my expectations, in fact, it was even better than I expected. It was the best treat I’ve had, and since having it, I have been craving it nonstop.

I was able to build my own açaí bowl, where I could pick my base and add toppings. I chose the Plain Jane organic açaí sorbet base and topped it with strawberries, bananas, nutella and granola. It was so incredibly delicious. The granola was very crunchy and contributed to the variety in the bowl, adding some crunch. I liked that the granola was thicker and more crunchy. All of the toppings I chose with the sorbert base made the perfect açaí bowl.

All of the smoothies sounded so good that I didn’t know which one to pick. My friend told me to try the “Miami,” smoothie which consisted of almond milk, organic açaí, peanut butter, banana and strawberry. The smoothie was scrumptious, and it was so nice to drink on a sunny, warm day.

Next time you are looking for a fun spot to try a new treat, visit LF Juice Shop. I can’t wait to go back and try more smoothies, juices and foods — especially another açaí bowl!