Future Releases His Newest Album: “WE DON’T TRUST YOU”

Future’s album cover and name “WE DON’T TRUST YOU.”

After two years, Future has finally released a new album called “WE DON’T TRUST YOU.” This album includes 17 songs, some of which have that chill vibe, while others are more upbeat. From those 17 songs, here are the ones I thought were most similar to each other and had the same vibe.

The very first song, hence the album’s name, is called “We Don’t Trust You.” Before listening to this song, I expected it to be hype; however, it was the complete opposite. The melody is very soft, and I would classify it as a chill song, one that is perfect for a hot summer night. However, after three minutes in, the song does pick up the speed for the last 30 seconds before dying out.

Next up, we have “Young Metro.” Just like the previous song, this one is very chill, but it does have a slight faster melody. Then, there’s “Ice Attack” and “Type Sh*t.” These two songs have a late night drive type of vibe and are both sped up. The only difference is “Type Sh*t” has two more singers such as Travis Scott and Playboi Carti which were the perfect addition. At around 1:06, the beat transitions from a hard one to a soft one to introduce Scott’s verse, one that contradicts the rest of the song. When it comes to Carti’s verse, he ends up moving to the harder bar which pairs nicely with his voice and how fast he is rapping the lyrics.

After these songs end, we move towards that chill vibe again. Personally, I don’t see anything special about the songs “Claustrophobic,” “Like That,” “Slimed In,” “Magic Don Juan (Princess Diana)” and “Cinderella.” They all share the same slow melody, but I wouldn’t recommend listening to these songs unless you are planning on a very laid back car ride. However, one thing that sticks out about this list is the song “Like That” which many fans of Drake suspect to be a diss about him given that they name dropped his song “First Person Shooter.”

As soon as “Cinderella” ends, Future transitions into a more upbeat melody. The songs “Runnin Outta Time,” “Fried (She a Vibe),” “Ain’t No Love” and “Everyday Hustle” are more upbeat, and they all contain Future’s raspy voice which contradicts nicely with the faster paced melody. Then, the mood transitions into once again a relaxed atmosphere with the song “GTA,” and then is shifts into the a more upbeat melody with the songs “Seen it All,” “WTFYM” and “Where My Twin” which are more danceable and hype.

Overall, the album has a very calm and cool vibe to it which would be perfect to listen to on a hot summer night drive.